Beginning of the end of a Decade

In a few days it will be my twenty ninth year of life. Which can sound scary considering it is my last year of those reckless twenties, but age is just a number and there is no such thing as an end of an era. Unless we are speaking about electronics like a VCR which has sadly seen better days. RIP 90’s!

There is seriously so much angst about getting older especially when you’re a woman. We have to be this young hot vivacious super woman from the day we hit puberty to the day we die. It ain’t easy we were not born with it Maybelline! — But before I go on about age, beauty and feminism; this is about me turning the big 29! Sadly this year I have nothing planned like zilch, it’s almost like I planned my dirty thirty so much that I forgot you have to pass this little walk bridge of numero vente nueve. (Yes, you heard that correctly I had my thirtieth birthday planned the day I turned 25, I even have the dress hanging in my closet) In any case every year you’re alive I truly believe is a time to celebrate. You should always find the time to make a wish on that little fire stick alone or surrounded by loved ones. It is day 365 of solely you. Your own special holiday. Next to New Years Eve, it is my favorite party of the year. So it is surprising to my family and friends that I did not have a list of demands, birthday plans, or prerequisites of attire this time around. I just couldn’t think of anything. I thought it meant I was depressed about this upcoming birthdate, but now I think it means I’m finally satisfied. There is no selfish desire to make this day about me; ugh does that mean I have officially reached that finish line of adulthood? You know that boring adult who works on their birthday, who denies to celebrate because they have this thing called responsibilities? I hope not. (No offense to you adults, but you should always try and take the day off; do it for YOU! )

There really isn’t much to say, I did tell you that I couldn’t even plan anything let alone write words. It seems to be easier to talk about anything other than myself. All I hope for this year, is that I become closer to my loving family, my awesome friends and this crazy yet beautiful world. I hope that I become more confident in myself, less emotional towards others, and successful in the grand scheme of things. Not rich, just happy.

So farewell friends the next time you’ll hear from me I will be a few days wiser and twenty nine.

Love More, Peace More and Roar More.

Your Wild Spirit Guide,

Allie

12 Comments

1. Jo

February 2, 2018 at 9:35 am

This was so insightful. And no adulthood does not mean you don’t celebrate it means you celebrate bigger and better

1. LivetheAllieWay

February 2, 2018 at 6:05 pm

If I learned anything from it’s to enjoy your birthday or birth month lol

2. Tata

February 2, 2018 at 10:07 am

My muchkin, beautiful words, I love the way you express your thoughts, no adulthood should not be boring, although sometimes you cant help it. You become wiser my love which clearly is happening with you, i am so proud of you baby girl you are Adulting in style baby. Love you!

1. LivetheAllieWay

February 2, 2018 at 6:07 pm

We get lost in our own world and forget to have time for us! We deserve it!

3. Tee

February 2, 2018 at 10:35 am

Another year of life that the universe will bless you with and which will bring you more experiences to make you even wiser than you are now my friend. ^^ what they said up there… means you celebrate bigger and better! Love you sis. This is just another year for you to shine….

1. LivetheAllieWay

February 2, 2018 at 6:09 pm

Thank you mana for even attempting to get me off my couch and always shining your sunshine on me when it has dimmed love youuuu

4. BB

February 2, 2018 at 10:55 am

Awesomeness, You are learning well Grasshopper. The free spirit bird is slowing down and this will be a whole new stepping stone in your life.

1. LivetheAllieWay

February 2, 2018 at 6:05 pm

You always been so supportive of this wild gal! You have trained me well!! Haha

5. Candie

February 2, 2018 at 11:47 am

Beautifully said Allie. You know that I always say that “life is simple, but we complicate it”. I enjoyed reading your article and how you just want the simple things as you get closer to your 29th birthday. You are a wise young lady and may God continue to bless you.

1. LivetheAllieWay

February 2, 2018 at 6:03 pm

It’s an amazing mantra to live by and so very true! Just need to silence the chaos!

6. Millie

February 2, 2018 at 11:59 am

Wellll, considering this year your birthday falls on SuperBowl Sunday AND the Patriots are playing, I’d say that’s pretty BIG!! I will definitely make sure to have one in your honor!!!!! Love you, sweetheart. So proud of the woman you are today and the joy you bring to our family. Be Wild, Be Free, Be YOU (except do it with a stroller now….and a play pen, and a diaper bag, and everything else you have to carry with!!!!) LOL

1. LivetheAllieWay

February 2, 2018 at 6:02 pm

I am totally celebrating at home on the couch lol so drink for us three! PS Happy early birthday it’s always fun to share it the love of my dad’s life